Shockwave Therapy, a non-invasive treatment involves the delivery of shock waves to injured soft tissue to reduce pain and promote healing.
What is Shockwave Therapy?
Radial shockwaves are acoustic pressure waves that generate oscillations in the tissue. The wave hits the body at skin surface and from there, travels radially into the body of up to a 5cm-6cm depth.
Effects of Shockwave Therapy on the body:
– Increases blood flow, and stimulates formation of new blood vessels
– Pro-inflammatory effect to ‘reboot’ the healing process in chronic conditions
– Stimulates proliferation of tendon cells resulting in tendon regeneration and remodelling
– Disintegrate tendon calcifications
– Smooth trigger points
– Reduce muscle hypertonia and spasticity
– Decrease pain
Conditions that benefit from Shockwave Therapy:
– Tendinopathies (tennis elbow, hamstring, achilles, patella, rotator cuff)
– Frozen Shoulder
– Plantar Fasciitis
– Heel Spurs
– Chronic Pain (neck, low back, pin and needles, shin splints)
– Carpal tunnel syndrome
Benefits of Shockwave Therapy
– Short treatment time (thousands of shockwaves in just minutes)
– Results in just 1-5 treatments
– Alternative to analgesic medication
At Complete Allied Health Care, we offer Shockwave Therapy sessions, conducted by our highly trained Physiotherapists at all of our clinics. Make an online booking today https://completeahc.com.au/online-booking/, or simply call up our clinic on (02) 9060 9722